- Basics of marine radio use
- Correct frequencies (channels) to be used for communications
- Alerting and canceling false alerts (DISTRESS)
- what to do after the receipt of a MAYDAY call
- Safety (SECURITE) and urgency (PAN-PAN) protocols
- Initialization and the protocols for ship-ship and ship-shore transmissions
- Digital Selective Calling (DSC) of marine radio stations
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS)
- Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacons (EPIRB)
- Search and Rescue Transponders (SART & AIS-SART)
- Marine weather forecasting & Navigation service (NAVTEX)
- GMDSS procedures
RYA SRC operators’ license complies fully with ITU/CEPT guidelines and is accepted worldwide. The SRC operators’ license issued by the RYA is valid indefinitely. For Example : Can be easily converted to the Dutch Marcom-B . We can help you with this if required .
Contact us by phone +34 622052938 , or use our contact form here to enquire about your SRC Course . Or book your on line with our Book Now Button below.
On line course 150€ .To book your online course book here . Your SRC Exam takes place at our training centre in Altea , cost : 100€ includes – 75pounds payable to the RYA for your exam and certificate , plus mail of your SRC papers to RYA UK HQ . Payable at time of your exam in Altea .